- The tournament will be played in accordance to FIFA Laws of the Game with the following exceptions:
1.1 There Shall Be No Offside
No player is deemed “offside” at any point during a match.
1.2 Rolling Substitutions Allowed
1.2.1 ‐ A team can only have a maximum of six players on the field at any one time. The referee can stop the match and award an indirect Free Kick to the opposition if this rule is infringed.
1.2.2 ‐ A substitution can be made without the Referee's permission; however, it is necessary for players to leave and enter the pitch within designated area on the halfway line. The pitch marshal will be able to assist if unclear.
1.2.3 ‐ In the event of Penalties, the substitutions OFF the field of play ARE eligible to take a spot kick.
- The format of play for the tournament is as follows:
I) Group Stages
The tournament will be played on a League Round Robin basis with 16 teams split into 4 groups of 4 teams.
II) Knockout Stages
The top 2 teams in each league will proceed to the MAIN Quarter – final single knock out tournament. The 3rd and 4th place teams will proceed to the PLATE Quarter final single Knockout tournament.
- In all league games points will be awarded as follows:
WIN – 3 points
DRAW – 1 point
LOSE – 0 points
- If two or more teams tie for a place in the final league tables, the winner will be decided by the following way, in order:
4.1 - Goal Difference
(TOTAL GOALS SCORED MINUS TOTAL GOALS CONCEDED)
4.2 - Highest Goals For
(TOTAL GOALS SCORED IN THE GROUP STAGE)
4.3 - Head to Head
(TEAM THAT WON THE GAME OF THE TWO TIED TEAMS IN THE GROUP STAGE)
4.4 - Penalty Shootout (3 pens + Sudden Death rules)
- In the event of a tie at the final whistle of the Quarter and semi Final rounds, there will be no extra time played. The winner will be decided by kicks from the penalty spot. A total of 3 kicks will be taken by each team and the team with the most goals will be declared the winner. However, if the score is even after 3 penalty kicks then sudden death rules will apply.
- In the event of a tie at the final whistle in the Final, there will be 6 minutes extra time. Two Halves of 3 minutes with no half time break to be played in a Golden Goal format (first goal wins the game). If still no score, 3 penalty kicks will be taken to determine the winner, however, if the score is even after 3 penalty kicks then sudden death rules will apply.
- Times shown on the draw are indicative only. The tournament will normally run ahead of schedule although Team Managers and Captains are advised to be available at all times and to check with Tournament Officials or the Chief Marshal on your scheduled matches. The Tournament Officials reserve the right to alter the schedule and pitch allocation at their discretion.
- Goalkeepers are allowed to kick the ball from their hands within the goalkeeping area or they may distribute by the following ways:
8.1 - Throwing action from within the goalkeeping area
8.2 - Drop the ball onto the ground and then able to kick inside or outside the goalkeeping area
8.3 - If a goal kick is awarded then they ARE allowed to kick the ball from a stationary position within the goalkeeping area.
- If a player is shown the RED CARD by the referee, he will be suspended from the subsequent game in which his team plays. Any player accumulating TWO RED CARDS will be banned from the tournament. Any player accumulating TWO YELLOW CARDS will be suspended for one game the last yellow card. Thereafter, any player who has already received TWO YELLOW CARDS AND A MATCH SUSPENSION will receive a match suspension for any other YELLOW CARD shown to him during the tournament.
- Each team is allowed to register a maximum of 10 players. Their names must be registered on prescribed forms and handed to tournament officials at the briefing meeting or before their first game to be played.
10.1 - All players must retain the same numbered jersey throughout the tournament.
10.2 - The qualifying age for The Masters Event remains the same as below:
10.2.1 - A minimum of 7 players born in the year 1968 and before.
10.2.2 - A maximum of 3 players born in the year 1973 and before.
- A minimum of four players on the field is allowed. If a team fields less than this requirement, then the opposing team will receive a walk‐over (Bye) with 3 match points and a score of 2 goals to nil.
- A 5 minute grace period for late arrivals may be permitted at the discretion of the SCC Soccer Sixes Committee. After the time has lapsed, the team which is on the field ready to play will receive a walk‐over (Bye) with 3 match points and a score of 2 goals to nil.
- The back pass rule will be enforced, as per FIFA rules.
- All matches will be officiated by FAS Referees. His decision on the field is FINAL and NO appeal against his decision will be entertained by the tournament committee.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to disqualify any players. Any disputes will be decided by the SCC Soccer Sixes Committee and their decision is final.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to alter the format of the tournament due to unusual weather conditions.
- All disputes, queries or objections not covered by the Tournament Rules, shall be referred to the SCC Soccer Sixes Committee whose decision and ruling shall be final, binding and respected.
- Sudden Death Rules If both teams have used all players in the squad to take penalties and the score is level then the player that took the first penalty kick should start the second round of penalties and all players will remain in order of taking from there within. This will continue in order until the sudden death rule is achieved.
For full tournament details and registration information, please click here to download the tournament manual.